Movies purchased and rented from iTunes Store are protected by Apple's FairPlay Digital Rights Management. There are too many restrictions in playing them. To bypass the DRM copy protection, you have to convert iTunes movies rentals and purchases to unprotected ones.
Why Need to Convert Purchased/Rental M4V Movies?
- 1. iTunes movies that you purchased can only be played on Mac or Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, video-enabled iPod or Apple TV with authorization using the account to purchase these movies. 5 is the upper limit of the number of the devices;
- 2. iTunes rental movies can only exist on one device at a time. Once transferred, the movie will disappear from your iTunes library;
- 3. You only have 24 or 48 hours for watching iTunes rentals. Once starting to play them, you have to finish them within 24 (in the USA) or 48 hours (elsewhere). Even you didn't take a glance at them, you can only have the rentals for 30 days as well. When the time expired, your rental iTunes movies will disappear from iTunes library;
How to Convert DRM Protected iTunes Movies to Unprotected Video Files?
To convert iTunes M4V movies, you have to use iTunes movie converter to rip the DRM copy protection. Adoreshare M4V Converter Genius is highly recommended here. It is all-in-one DRM video converter software versed in legally converting copy-protected movies, TV shows, music, e-books to unprotected files.
: Except for iTunes movies, iTunes .m4p
/.m4b audios, audible
audiobooks, and others can be unlocked with this software as well.
Download M4V Converter Genius and install it on your computer. Below are screenshots of Windows version of it. The steps to convert iTunes movies Mac are the same.
- Step 1. Load iTunes Movies
Launch M4V Converter Genius and then drag iTunes movies that you want t convert into its file list.
- Step 2. Select output format
After importing your iTunes movies, you can go to format tab to select output format. You can choose "M4V" if you only want to remove the DRM instead of changing the file formats; or convert iTunes movies to other unprotected format, like transferring M4V to MP4.
- Step 3. Start to convert
At last, click on "Convert" button. Within minutes, your purchased/rental movies can be converted to DRM-free files. You can keep them forever.
Removing DRM from iTunes movies are just so easy. Click here to try.